Atlanta Car Accident Attorneys Handle Injuries Caused by Drunk Drivers
Providing the legal guidance you need after a DUI-related auto accident
Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is extremely dangerous, and it places everyone on the road at risk. If you or a loved one has been injured due to a car wreck caused by a drunk driver, it’s important to take action right away. The Atlanta attorneys at Kaine Law, LLC are passionate about fighting for the rights of injured people across our region, and we help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve as you focus on your physical recovery. We do everything possible to hold drunk drivers accountable for their actions and negligence.
DUI accidents tend to be severe
Alcohol-related car wrecks often occur at high speeds. Drunk drivers have impaired judgment and cannot react quickly enough to slow down to avoid striking other vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians. Some of the most common injuries stemming from these crashes are whiplash, head injuries, spinal cord injuries and broken bones.
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, it is important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention. If you or a loved one is seriously injured, your first priority should be to seek medical treatment as soon as possible. You may be able to wait if your injuries are not severe, but you should still visit a hospital relatively quickly to obtain treatment and to document your injuries.
- Collect the other driver’s information. Be sure to get thorough contact and insurance information from any other drivers involved in the accident, even if they were not at fault. During this process, never admit any degree of blame for the car wreck.
- Speak with witnesses. If any bystanders witnessed the accident, speak with them and get their contact information. Your lawyer may wish to speak with these witnesses if you later need to seek compensation for your injuries or property damage.
- Notify your insurer. Notify your insurance company of the accident, even if you were not at fault. Your insurance company will attempt to obtain compensation from the responsible driver’s insurer.
- Contact an attorney. Speak with a car wreck lawyer immediately after your accident, especially if you sustained significant injuries or property damage. A skilled attorney can help you seek money damages to cover medical bills, lost wages and other expenses.
Seeking compensation for a wrongful death
In 2011, there were 9,878 alcohol-related fatal car wrecks in Georgia. These accidents are devastating for friends and family members of the deceased, who must deal with medical bills and funeral costs in addition to the intense emotional pain and suffering resulting from the loss of a loved one. After a fatal car crash, it is important to consult an attorney to learn about your options for filing a wrongful death claim.
Speak with a compassionate car wreck lawyer in Atlanta
Every day the experienced DUI auto accident attorneys at Kaine Law, LLC help accident victims, from their offices in DeKalb and Gwinnett counties, in the Atlanta area and throughout Georgia. We have offices in Atlanta and Lawrenceville, and our team is eager to serve you. To consult a skilled lawyer today, call 877-884-8579 or contact us online. Hablamos español.