How many intersections do you go through,
- On your way to work?
- Taking your children to school?
- Heading to the grocery store?
- Driving home from church?
Many of us take for granted the idea of safely traveling through the many intersections that we encounter on our daily commutes. Â Whether weâre driving on a highway, county road or local street, intersections present a danger.
Most Motorcycle Accidents Happen at Intersections
According to the Federal Highway Administration, over the last several years an average of 21% of the fatal car accidents, and roughly 50% of serious car accident injuries, are attributable to intersections. Intersections can also become very congested during rush hour causing more delays and resulting in more frustration.
Prevention of Accidents at Intersections
Recently, the Georgia DOT was part of a workshop, with other safety representatives from across Georgia, with the goal to enhance safety and reduce car accidents at intersections throughout Georgia. Â From the results of the workshop, the following âhow toâ statement was released:
The traditional approach of relying primarily on pursuing major improvements at high crash intersections must be complemented with a) a systematic approach deploying large numbers of relatively low-cost, cost-effective countermeasures at many targeted high crash intersections and b) a comprehensive approach coordinating an engineering, education, and enforcement initiative on corridors and in cities with large numbers of severe intersection crashes.
- Approximately 35% of the intersection fatality problem occurs on local intersections Realistically, it will take an expanded local effort and increased local funding to implement more countermeasures on local roads than is currently underway to achieve the intersection goal
- To achieve the intersection safety goal, it will take an investment of approximately $75 million dollars beyond currently programmed intersection safety projects over the five year period, or $15 million annually to achieve the goal.
So whichever route you are using, take your time through each intersection and maintain a proper lookout as traffic becomes more congested. At Kaine Law we have seen far too many loved ones suffer lifelong injuries, or even death, due to accidents at intersections.
Kaine Law is a personal injury law firm representing injured accident victims in Georgia. Â With offices in Atlanta, Conyers, Lawrenceville and Stockbridge, Kaine Lawâs personal injury attorneys specialize in representing injured motorcycle accident victims, injured car accident victims, injured truck accident victims, injured dog bite victims and injured pedestrian accident victims. Â Kaine Law represents their injured accident victim clients using a contingency fee agreement which provides that there are no legal fees unless we win.