Atlanta Dog Attack Lawyer
Upholding the rights of bite victims in Georgia
A dog attack can be a terrifying experience. Additionally, depending on the size of the animal, its jaw may be capable of tearing tissue and muscle and breaking bone. Dog owners have a responsibility to keep their animal on a leash and away from the public. If you suffer a dog bite injury, the skilled Atlanta animal attack attorneys at Kaine Law, LLC are ready to fight for you.
Proving Liability In A Dog Attack
First, you need to prove liability. We can help you accomplish this in a few ways. We can claim that the dog owner is at fault based on the first bite rule.
To do so, you must prove the following:
- The animal was vicious.
- The dog owner was aware that the animal was a danger to the public.
- The dog owner carelessly managed the dog.
If you cannot prove liability based on the first bite rule, an Atlanta dog bite attorney at Kaine Law, LLC can help you establish fault on the grounds that the owner was in violation of a leash law. Here, you must show that the animal owner failed to keep his or her dog on a leash or did not have the animal properly muzzled.
What to do after a dog attack
Suffering a dog attack can cause both physical and emotional trauma. Below is information on what you should do if a dog attacks you and causes injuries:
- See a doctor: Any time you suffer an injury, your health should always be your first concern. Immediately after suffering an injury, call a doctor.
- Take the names of witnesses: Another important step to take after a dog attack is to gather information from witnesses and the dog owner.
- Take photographs: You should take photographs of the bite, the dog and the area of the attack.
- Contact a lawyer: Contact an experienced Atlanta injury lawyer as soon as possible. Dog bite law in Georgia is anything but straightforward.
- File an animal report: Lastly, you should file a dangerous animal report with the local animal control agency.
Experienced dog attack lawyers in Atlanta, GA
Dog attacks often cause shock and confusion in addition to physical injury. A serious dog bite injury can cause thousands of dollars in medical bills. At Kaine Law, LLC, we are ready to fight tirelessly to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. To speak to a highly qualified lawyer, contact us today by phone at 877-884-8579 or via our online form. Hablamos español.
Everyone at Kaine Law, LLC — from our highly qualified lawyers to our dedicated staff — is ready to serve you. We realize that auto accidents can cause serious injuries that can affect every aspect of your life. If you are the victim of a car accident, we want to be your voice.