Georgia Boating Injury Lawyer
Providing legal aid to injured boaters
Whether you enjoy sailing, kayaking, cruising in a motorboat or riding a jet ski or waverunner, the Georgia boat injury lawyers of Kaine Law, LLC are here to provide you with skilled legal advice in the event you are in an accident. Recreational boating can be great for you and your family. But if someone else exhibits reckless or negligent behavior, that individual puts your life and the lives of everyone on the water in grave danger.
Boating Accident Negligence
Our accident lawyers in Atlanta handle boating accidents caused by the following instances of negligence:
- Inexperienced boaters: Anyone who operates or rides a watercraft should take the necessary training. Boaters who are unfamiliar with maritime laws, channel markers and other boating regulations can endanger the lives of other people.
- Intoxicated boaters: Drunk drivers are found on the water too. And they cause many injuries and deaths each year. Drunk drivers can speed or operate their vessels recklessly, sometimes resulting in a drowning accident in the Atlanta area or elsewhere in Georgia.
- Unseaworthy vessel accidents: It is the responsibility of a boat owner to maintain his or her vessel. Boats that are not regularly inspected or maintained can be unpredictable and unsafe.
Boating safety tips
If not used responsibly, boats can be extremely dangerous to passengers and other boaters. To protect your life and the lives of your passengers, follow the safety tips below:
- Wear a life jacket: Always have enough life jackets for everyone on board. If you have young children on your vessel, have them wear life jackets at all times.
- Carry binoculars: A key to staying safe on the water is being aware of your surroundings. You should have and use binoculars so you know if another vessel is approaching or if hazards are in the water.
- Carry an air horn: Air horns should always be kept aboard your vessel. They are useful for signaling other boaters of your presence and for preventing collisions.
- Drive port to port: When another vessel is coming at you, keep the vessel to the port, or left side of your boat. This simple boating rule can save your life and the lives of your passengers.
Highly qualified boat accident attorneys in Atlanta, GA
At Kaine Law, LLC, protecting your best interests is our top priority. The moment we take your case, our attorneys and dedicated staff begin working to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. To speak to an experienced boating accident lawyer, contact us today by phone at 877-884-8579 or via our online form. Hablamos español.
Everyone at Kaine Law, LLC — from our highly qualified lawyers to our dedicated staff — is ready to serve you. We realize that boating accidents can cause serious injuries that can affect every aspect of your life. If you are the victim of an accident, we want to be your voice.